Monday, May 19, 2014

HOME DECOR: LIVING ROOM

I've been meaning to post this for quite some time but somehow I never got to it. I posted an update on my home a few months back and thought I would make it into a series of some sort. I snapped some photos of my living room when I had completed it for the most part. Of course every room in your home is never really complete, you always want to add to it or change up a few things each season but right now I'm pretty satisfied with it. I do want to add a painting or statement piece for behind the couch and also change the hideous lamp that my boyfriend refuses to get rid of but I figured you guys can come along with me and see my apartment transform. 

For those of you uninterested in home decor, there will be a new outfit post up on wednesday. I'm trying to create a schedule for this blog (wish me luck). Anyway lets get to it...


I never got to take a before picture of the living room but let me just paint a quick picture for you -- It had beige walls, brown carpet, and ugly furniture to match. I definitely knew the flooring and paint color had to go so we painted it this gorgeous gray and put down wood floors. This made a huge difference in the space, it immediately felt more clean and open. I then started shopping for furniture. I knew I wanted a cowhide rug so I went on the hunt! They can be really expensive.. even the ones at Ikea run you about $200 which is pricey if you are buying all your furniture from scratch. So I went on craigslist and found a couple selling theirs for $100, I made an offer of $80 and they accepted; I was ecstatic. After that everything just fell into place. The couch was found at Bob's discount furniture, I had actually wanted this one in charcoal gray but they said it would take up to 20 weeks for me to receive it. That was too long of a wait so I settled on this beige color, I love it but I am so careful with it because its so light. 

One piece of advice when moving into your first apartment is to always look for pieces of furniture you want on places like craigslist, ebay and yard sales. You can definitely find some gems for a great price. Another thing to definitely consider is offers from family members, my boyfriends sister had this table set sitting in her basement and offered it to us. It's the perfect size and we didn't have to spend a dime. As for the coffee table I am still on the hunt for a leather trunk but this will have to suffice. I will link to where you can find all these pieces below.
Dining Set: Ikea / Sofa: Bob's Discount Furniture / Coffee Table: Ikea / Striped Throw Blanket: Ikea / Pillows: Target / Cowhide Rug: Similar here

If you are interested in seeing more home decor posts please leave a comment below! 

Until next time...

xx, Daisy

2 comments: