Sunday, June 15, 2014

DAY TO NIGHT

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Bill Waterson

Maybe he was referring to the time I spend in my closet looking for something to wear. On weekends especially I find it difficult to find time to get dressed for the day when in a couple of hours I will be looking for an entirely different outfit come night. Sure you can probably just pull off this outfit in a bar or something but personally I think this attire is too day time for a night out. I figured I would show you how to take basic pieces and easily transition the entire look from day to night. I started off with this basic button down top and plain skirt, I added the neon belt to cinch in the waste and give a more flattering look; the neutral shoes just add to the summery feel and the bag is just one of my old time favorites.
Shirt: H&M / Skirt: H&M (Similar here) / Shoes: Target (Similar here) / Belt: Old (Similar here) / Bag: Vintage Gucci (Try Ebay - This one is currently up for bid) / Sunglasses: Zara


For night time I took the same shirt and skirt as well as the bag and just switched up the shoe to a black sandal, I removed the belt and added my moto jacket with some red lipstick to vamp it up and voila! I also touched up on my curls to give my hair more volume. And just like that a complete 360°.

Jacket: Nasty Gal / Shoes: Zara / Lipstick: YSL Rouge Volupte No.17


Happy Monday!

xx, Daisy

2 comments:

  1. Love love both of these looks, Daisy! Perfectly styled - both wardrobe and makeup. How does that YSL lipstick go on/stay on? It's a lovely red.. may have to pick it up!

    xoxo,
    Becca
    www.thestyleremedy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becca! I love this YSL lipstick but because it is so creamy it tends to bleed, I would definitely recommend using a lip liner (as with any red lipstick) but of course the packaging is so luxx!

    xx, Daisy

    ReplyDelete