Sunday, June 15, 2014

Review: NYX Macaron Lippie

NYX Cosmetics recently launched a line of very unique and colorful lip products called Macaron lippies. The name definitely suits the product, however the question is do they live up to other products from the NYX line. I received these as a gift recently and thought I'd share my thoughts...
From left to right: Coconut - Black Sesame - Citron - Orange Blossom - Rose - Key Lime - Pistachio - Earl Grey - Chambord

*They have more colors in the line but these are the ones I have.
They swatch beautifully and they also go on true to color however due to the product being a very creamy consistency they seem to collect product in certain areas of the lips; I've noticed this more with the shade Coconut as well as the greenish-blue shades. They are highly pigmented but because the formula is so creamy they can sheer out a bit. Honestly these are not shades that are going to have much wear, once you start to take a sip of a drink you will have to reapply which isn't ideal.

Overall I think if you are into being adventurous with your makeup then they would be perfect for you or even for costume purposes but these are definitely not for your average girl.  They are only $6 each so I would give at least one color a shot if you seem intrigued. You can purchase them here or here.

What product would you like me to review next?

xx, Daisy

2 comments: